intsalling Xp pro full from windows 2000?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys when i had to reboot my computer because i upgraded i put 2000 on it becuase i didnt have a xp copy at the time

k now i have an xp pro copy...and for some reason i completely forgot how to install it...do i just put the disk in on startup...which ive tried and nothing happened...also i tried to just put it in on the normal screen...nothing!...ne ideas/??? help is very much appreciated!

Set the BIOS to boot from CDROM first, put the XP CD in and reboot. Watch for the prompt to "Press any key to boot to CD", then press any key to do so. You'll probably have to delete the existing partition with W2K during setup, and then create a new part and reformat before continuing the installation of XP.

thank you sooooo much man i will try that right now!

also i have an intel mobo so will that let me do it?..also more replys will be nice thx!

Yea, it should work whether it's an Intel, Nvidia, VIA, etc. The only difference could be that some motherboards will boot to the CD without having to push any extra buttons. :D

ummm....it did not have the option to boot to cd thing...and also....i tried it again and nothing happened....ne other ideas?? thx!

Is the boot order in your BIOS set to CDROM as first? You may also have to set the priority order to your CD drive.

well it is set to the order of ....cd drive...then hard drive..then floppy drive...and yet it still wont work and i have restarted it a million times..maybe a bad cd :(

yea probably a bad cd, or it wasnt burned properly. if you put the disc into the computer while running windows, and you double click the cd drive, what happens?

borat_sagdiyev said:
yea probably a bad cd, or it wasnt burned properly. if you put the disc into the computer while running windows, and you double click the cd drive, what happens?
nothing it shows up blank :(...oh well he said i can borrow the master copy so i will be good!

thank you guys very much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom