Interview with AMD's Fred Weber on future of AMD cpu's...

Well it's just nice to hear. I mean it could have been, "well we think we're fine right now with our 2.6ghz and see no need to go further." lol, but instead he confirmed that they were working on pipes, etc. to make increasing the clock frequency easier. Plus it's just always nice to be updated and know exactly where AMD stands.

Well it's definitely nice to know where they stand, but even though they may not climb frequency like Intel had been doing for the past few years, we all knew it was important to them as well. Now that they've established a good, efficient processor we all knew that they must have been working on ways to get higher clock speeds from the AMD64. After the 2.6GHz we all knew that's what they had been doing for some time. It's only natural that they work on the core frequency. That's why it's rather disappointing. I wanted to hear something new, not something I had already (Naturally) assumed.

We know they aren't going to sit around. Intel is getting its act together, and AMD wants to keep in the lead.

I can't really be upset about the Turion thankfully since I haven't ever had a laptop and don't think I'll be needing one anytime soon.

damn. oh well. guess Ill get a centrino laptop. the amd mobile 64s.. I dotn really need a 64 bit laptop sicne Im not gonna use it much, just for surfun the net when im on the bed.

Why get a centrino laptop? Sheesh.. wait for the turion. This news is pretty good I think. Those who said the updates on the Turion was disappointing, don't really know what they are talking about.

A mobile AMD64? Who needs it? It's a dumbed down socket 754. It's no Pentium M killer at all, just like they said. It's just a quick "move" to catch more uninformed consumers with the "64 bit ready!" campaign.

From the intel fan boys mouth. The Pentium M isn't anything special. It certainly doesn't defeat the mobile AMD 64.

Oh so I'm uninformed? Well if you have Intel you are the uninformed one. At least I don't waste money on junk.

Back
Top Bottom