Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-20-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default Internet web page saving noob question

Hello all.

im going travelling around europe from the 12 feb to the 7 april. starting from france normandy and going all the way to russia st-petersburg and moscow. ive been looking at internet cafes around europe today but i have got so pee'd off with coping stuff of the internet into word (taking my laptop with me) that i thoiught i would just save the webpage instead. i thought this would of been as simple as right click save page as etc. the trouble it works but i cant get any links to work to the otehr webpages that i have also saved, it keeps coming up with i cant find it.

this is probably as simple as abc to someone but its vexing me and would free up alot of time so i can get in touch with those damn ruskies and arrange a tour around the chernobly disater site. thank you al

EDIT: im using firefox

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Internet web page saving noob question

Right, I'll try and help.

When you save webpages, I guess you use the Bookmarks feature? This makes sure they are all saved.
"Bookmarks, Bookmark this page"

Right, well to save that out so you can import it into another Firefox program or into Microsoft Internet Explorer (Not sure if it can do that though)

Go to the Bookmarks tab, and on the list select, Manage Bookmarks.

This allows you to do alot, like renaming, deleting, etc.
Well go to File, Export, and choose a place. Then just place this on disk or USB drive, or even floppy and simply take it with you

I hope this helps
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote