Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Internet troubles.

I'm about to go insane, seriously i think i'm about to get my bat and beat the hell out of my desktop.

Recently my desktop has been, how should i put it, a pain in the ass. The internet will just stop working, instantly. I've only noticed it happen at night, and tonight it's particularly irritating because i was half way through a download. Anyways, it still says it's connected, so i try to repair it and it says, "The following steps of the repair operation failed: Renewing the IP address. Please contact your network administrator or ISP." It does this at least once a week and usually more often. Now this can not be a normal thing. Usually it just fixes itself about 2-3 days after it happens, but i don't want to wait that long, and i would really like to fix the problem. Can someone help? Thanks.

Desktop: ASRock 4Core-Dual VSTA | E7200 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro | 80GB HDD | 2GB(2x 1GB) DDR2 Kingston ValueRam
Dot Cong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Internet troubles.

Have you called your ISP to see if they are having problems with their service?

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
In Runtime

No, because the internet on the other 3 computers in the house never waivers, it's only on MY desktop.

Desktop: ASRock 4Core-Dual VSTA | E7200 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro | 80GB HDD | 2GB(2x 1GB) DDR2 Kingston ValueRam
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

Are you using wireless connection lol.....
Linksys sucks btw
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
In Runtime

No it's not wireless on my desktop, and yes the router we have is Linksys, is that the problem?

Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

i personally would not have thought the router was the problem if its working on other comps or laptops check the patch cable try it with another then check your network card if its onboard you may want to buy another u can get em for about $10 or 5 depending where u are. obviously its possible that its software try downloading LSP FIX (search it in google) it take seconds to download and seconds to run and if its not that then atleast u dint waste too much time ...

now back to basics try to think if u r running any specific application when it disconnects or anything thats diff on your comp . when you say your other comps dont disconnect what happens when u say it takes days to come back on are your other comps still connected if they are then its def not to do with linksys even if they r crap

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote