Internet troubles.

Dot Cong

In Runtime
I'm about to go insane, seriously i think i'm about to get my bat and beat the hell out of my desktop.

Recently my desktop has been, how should i put it, a pain in the ass. The internet will just stop working, instantly. I've only noticed it happen at night, and tonight it's particularly irritating because i was half way through a download. Anyways, it still says it's connected, so i try to repair it and it says, "The following steps of the repair operation failed: Renewing the IP address. Please contact your network administrator or ISP." It does this at least once a week and usually more often. Now this can not be a normal thing. Usually it just fixes itself about 2-3 days after it happens, but i don't want to wait that long, and i would really like to fix the problem. Can someone help? Thanks.

No, because the internet on the other 3 computers in the house never waivers, it's only on MY desktop.

No it's not wireless on my desktop, and yes the router we have is Linksys, is that the problem?

i personally would not have thought the router was the problem if its working on other comps or laptops check the patch cable try it with another then check your network card if its onboard you may want to buy another u can get em for about $10 or £5 depending where u are. obviously its possible that its software try downloading LSP FIX (search it in google) it take seconds to download and seconds to run and if its not that then atleast u dint waste too much time ...

now back to basics try to think if u r running any specific application when it disconnects or anything thats diff on your comp . when you say your other comps dont disconnect what happens when u say it takes days to come back on are your other comps still connected if they are then its def not to do with linksys even if they r crap

Back
Top Bottom