Internet speed question

LBrandt

Solid State Member
Hello,
This is my second post in this forum, and even though it may appear to be another dumb question, I hope that folks will ignore my apparent ignorance and help with the answer anyway.
I currently use AOL dial-up (I know, I'm way behind the times), and I'm considering high speed DSL from BellSouth. They offer their highspeed ULTRA for $32.95, and they claim that it's 30 times the speed of dial-up. Here's my question.
Is there any possibility that with high speed download versus dial-up, that one can lose data in a download? I know that this seems to be a silly question, but it just occurred to me that maybe when data is downloaded at high speed, bits or packets could be lost.
Thanks again,
Louis

id say ur 99.99999999999999999 safe i mean i would write more 9's but i dont wonna be classed as spam id say there is only the smallest ever possibility of losing data because u downloaded it 2 fast i mean 30 X dial up isnt gonna break n e records so maybe if u were downloading at like 4 Gb/ps then yeah some data loss my occure but the fact is servers that host the downloads can only give you so much data at a time so trust me your perfectly safe,

the only way u would lose data is not because your net is too fast is if the server ur downloading off tried to let you download it faster than it can handle the data but thats jus not gonna happen, lol sata hardrives 3Gb/ps so until u get internet that fast u got nothing to worry bout

hey ,this isnt youtube . u wont get flammed for every thing u safe.
this is a nice community

Back
Top Bottom