Internet slower than it should be

adam3112

Baseband Member
Its been like this for a while now, pages take a lot longer to load up and when i play videos on Youtube, a video would usually keep stopping and starting because of the loading time it takes. Also another thing, when i listen to internet radio on my itunes, it keeps stopping and re-buffering. What is causing my internet to be slower? i have updated and scanned for viruses/spyware using Norton anti-virus and no results. My internet never used to be like this so what may be causing the problem? By the way i have a broadband connection!

I dunno, sometimes broadband can just have a lapse of speed, my advice to you is try to find something that can measure your connection speed (google search should get you results) and try it every once in a while to see if it is changing. Most likely you're just in a situation like me where I just started timing out a lot more often.

do a power cycle
shut down router, modem and computer(s)
plug in modem, wait for it to completely boot up(all lights go on)
plug in router, wait for it to completely boot up(give it a minute)
then turn on computer(s)
that normally clears up anything that would be slowing down the connection

try using a program other than norton antivirus to scan for adware/spyware, i find that norton misses a lot so might want to give this a try

Back
Top Bottom