Internet/Router problem?

Rizzice

Beta member
So for about a couple months now my internet has been really unstable. Once in a while it just shuts down and doesn't work unless I reset my router(by holding the button in the back of it for 10 seconds). I have tried to find a pattern on when the internet cuts out, but I think it's completely random.

Do I need a new router? Or perhaps there is a simple setting I can change to fix the problem? I have 3 computers connected to the router, and it's all of the computers that lose internet connection when this happens so I'm guessing it's related to the router for sure.

If anyone can give me some advice I'd appreciate it...

sorry but it looks like a router problem. i would suggest buying a new router. you can find them pretty cheap though. but i would wait for a second opinion before you go out and buy a new router. i could be wrong.

Lol, I just notice something. How could he have 0 post, but at the same time make a thread in here? Anyways, are you connecting wireless or with ethernet cables? Try just connecting with one computer and take the other ones offline (unplug the wireless adapter or the cat5 cable).

TRDCorolla said:
Lol, I just notice something. How could he have 0 post, but at the same time make a thread in here? Anyways, are you connecting wireless or with ethernet cables? Try just connecting with one computer and take the other ones offline (unplug the wireless adapter or the cat5 cable).

i think it doesnt count for a post when you make a thread. i could be wrong though

TRDCorolla said:

And then what?

2 of my computers are connected directly, and one's a laptop so it's connected via wireless.

Usually my brother sets up all this stuff, but he hasn't been able to figure out what's wrong with it either, it's really frusturating. I'm considering just buying a new router, but if the same problem occurs, I'll be pretty ticked off :mad:

Buy a Router where you can have like 30day Reternc rap on it. And if it still Continue's return the router. And Ask your ISP for a new modem :p

When you hold down the reset button are you going back in and setting the router's programming up afterwards?
If the > Stay Alive < feature is not turned on then you will get random drops. You have to select the PPPoE connection to see it in the router programing.
Then on the other hand you may have a chip in the router going bad and it's time to invest in a new one.

Try what TRDCorolla said.Before i would buy anything i would hook one computer up to the modem and try that.

You get a post count when you create a new thread. It's just that lately, I've been working on some computers that's been having trouble connecting to the Internet. Sometime they would go online while other time, it cuts out. I checked to see if they were getting a Gateway IP and it wasn't half the time. So I deleted the whole network configs on the PCs and also removed the Network adapters from the Device Manager. It's like starting from scratch. Rebooted the PC on both systems and installed new software automatically. I've attempted to remove encryption and repaired the network connection, but that didn't have any luck.

It finally worked. I thought the router might be flaking out too, but it was working fine turns out.

Back
Top Bottom