Internet problems.VERY WEIRD!!

budracer1

Solid State Member
hey guys i finally got my new machine up and running and everything is going pretty good.Benchmarked at 3725 on 3dmark06.Anyways ive noticed that on my internet that on some pages like foxsports for instance where there is an add at the top of the page instead of the ad i get page cannot be displayed in the little ad box,no big deal but i was trying to go this site the other night for my mom and it kept saying page cannot be displyed.So i swithched from IE to firefox just to see if maybe i had a security setting out of line but got cannot connect to sever but only on this one site.I disabled all firewalls and pop-up blockers,and all anti spyware programs and still wouldnt let me go to this site.Even on nascars website it will say at the bottom done but with errors on page.Not sure if its ok to give link to website for anyone to try but i have tried it on several other computers and no problems.I have no problem going anywhere but that 1 site and the little ads at the top and sides of some pages.

Any Ideas????

Thanks in advance Jason

P>S> just checked the site in question on another pc in my house on the same network and it worked fine so the problem lies somewhere in my machine.

yes i have shockwave player,i downloaded and installed macromedia flash player and still same results.

Thanks JB

upgrade your flash to 9, if it is already, err...... im just gonna hold a silent pause........

are you using IE 6 or 7? I've found that sometimes IE7 can do weird things like that, of course that wouldn't explain the firefox problems. Are you using any kind of software such as norton that might be blocking it from connecting?

Im using 6 and i have shut down all antivirus/spyware and changed all security settings to low and still same thing im about ready to reformat.

If you load your IE then tools > Internet options > Privacy tab. Then click the little 'Sites' button enter the url of whichever sites your being blocked from and then click the 'allow' button. Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom