internet problem

rapmaticfiend

Solid State Member
I currently use both IE and Firefox for the internet. Most internet sites work fine. However, some sites will not let me do certain things. For example, when trying to view e-mail, I can log into my yahoo mail account but i cannot delete the emails or go to the next page of emails.

I am currently using dsl for my internet connection through 2wire and sbc. It may also be useful to know that I have two other computers hooked up to the internet and they both run fine. The computer that has been having problems is running on windows xp.

Thanks for the help in advance =)

Well, i know that on my moms laptop, i installed Zonealarm, and it blocked alot fo things from the internet. I sometimes couldnt even use the browser. So i had i had to take it out. So make sure its not your firewall.

is this in both browsers? can you acess the pages on other computers?has there been any recent software changes?

it happens in both internet explorer and in firefox. I built the computer myself so I know that no extra software has been installed as far as firewalls are concerned. Only the firewall with xp is present. I have tried turning the firewall off but this had no impact on my situation.

I can access the pages on the other computers

There have been no software changes. This problem was present since I first assembled the computer.

Edit: This is one message that i received after trying to delete some e-mail:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7e Server at webmail.csulb.edu Port 443

Something with the computer isn't right. Try using Netscape or Opera. See if you're able to do what you need to then. I had an issue with IE displaying Pop-up windows empty, saying they're done, with nothing in them. Tried all the recommended fixes for IE on XP- nothing worked. Did a reformat and reinstall- presto, everythings fine. My guess is something is corrupt, and needs to be redone. Try the start>run sfc\ scannow
See if that helps. That should replace all the corrupt files to the originals.

I tried the other browsers but I still had the same problem. I also tried the scannow command but that didn't help either. Should I try to reinstall windows?

you could be infected with spyware try contactin mozzila as they will listen i wouldnt try comtacting microstft internet explorer they just wont listen buch of bill gates bastards

I would try reinstalling both browsers. Pop into a live linux and see what happens then - you never know

Back
Top Bottom