Internet Plug-in Problems

hockeyrino

Baseband Member
Hi everybody,
I really hope this is an easy fix because i really like the browser...I recently downloaded the Opera Internet Browser and it works great except for a couple things. It says that i am missing plugins such as windows media player and macromedia flash player. I know i have them on my computer because the same websites work w/ Internet Explorer. Is there any way to transfer all of the plug-ins over to Opera? if not, can someone direct me to a website where i can download them...Thanks in advance

Hockeyrino

Do you have to save the download to a certain spot or just open it? Just opening it did nothing for me.

it seemed to have, but nothing changed in the browser. BTW is restarting your browser considered closing and reopening?

You have to close the browser and then start it again. I don't know if some plug-ins will automatically install without copying dll files. Here is what the Opera website says to install plug-ins:
General plug-in installation instructions

1. Download the plug-in and start the installation program
2. If given a choice, install the plug-in for use with Netscape, and not Internet Explorer
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the plug-in
4. Copy the plug-in's ".dll" file(s) to Opera's "Plugins" directory
5. Go to Opera's Preferences menu and choose Plugins
6. Press the "Find plugins" button or close Opera and open it again to automatically find the plug-in

How to view .dll files (Windows)

1. Double-click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop
2. From the menu, select View > Folder Options
3. Click on the "View" tab and select "Show all files" under "Hidden Files"
4. Make sure "Hide file extensions for known file types" is not selected
5. Click "OK"

Dynamic link library (.dll) files should now be visible on your system.

You would have to figure out where the installer installed the plug-in and from there copy the dll files to the opera plugin directory.

Okay, i looked around a bit today and found that their are two types of browsers called Trident (IE) and Gecko (Mozilla). Now, is their something missing on my computer that doesn't allow the Gecko-based browsers to work, or what?

Back
Top Bottom