Internet IE working but programs are not detecting connection!

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
I reformated my computer sigh, and now im having the problem where my internet is working through my wireless device. So right now I can browse websites or what not. but windows activiation isn't detecting the internet. Battlefield 2 and 2142! so there is no connection to the internet. I dont get? Why are these programs not seeing the connection when I actually am connected...
help

It's probably 1 of these problems:

Do you have a firewall active right now? Many firewalls on default settings will automatically block connections from a program that is unknown. The reason that your web browser is working is probably by default the firewall is letting through traffic because it is known to the firewall as software that is acceptable.

The other thing that it would be is that your router is not configured to work with these programs. It would be the same case as with the firewall, but the router is blocking the connections. You will have to go into your router's settings (usually type 192.168.1.1 or something like that in your browser) and set up port forwarding. If you could say which router you have it would let me tell you what exactly you have to do to set this up.

I really dont think its that. I got many pcs hooked up for the past year and this is the first time if seen this happen.. Plus, I never liked firewalls up. :D

Back
Top Bottom