Internet Help

hemp

Daemon Poster
Well guys i just moved my router into my room and was wondering if there was a way of tracking who is on your internet, like brother, dad, etc.

I wanted to be able to keep tabs on everyone and track there usage for fun, and learn how to kick them off they were annoying me.

Is there a way of doing that?

You're going to kick the guy who pays the bills off the internet? LOL!

I'm not sure if you can track who's on, but I'm sure there's someone here who does know.

If you turn on MAC filtering (look up this for your specific router), then you can block their MAC when you wish to. Though, monitoring their access through this method.. that won't happen. ;-p

MAC filtering means that you only allow certain people to use the connection, even if they know the WEP/WPA (network password). I'm presuming that hes using a wireless connection from the router...

Since every device has a "MAC ADDRESS" which is a unique hardware ID.. you can decline your dad's MAC address.. and he won't be able to connect. lol

I want a program so i can view into the peoples computers that are on the network. Like to control them.

What exactly would you like to be able to do with the computers on the network? Are you interested in doing remote connections to move their mouse / keyboard around?

If so, simply install Logmein (logmein.com) on the computers, or VNC. Either way, it'd allow you to connect and control their computer from your own.

Back
Top Bottom