Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-11-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Internet gaming problem

I just upgraded from dial up to broadband and ever since I did I cant play games like yahoo pool and pogo pool becouse it freezes up after a few seconds. I never had this problem with dial up. I did a virus scan and it said I had a trojan horse java somethin in a jar file or? So I deleted the file then I deleted the entire java file and then re-downloaded it "sun microsystems java" but it is still doin the same thing... I did another virus scan but it says im clean now so i dont know whats wrong.

Moonlightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:57 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Internet gaming problem

I'd advise you phone your broadband dealer. You may find they have a problem, or they haven't connected you right.

If they do home visits, it may be useful showing them. Most on the phone don't get you anywhere, and you end up restarting after them saying to change one setting you know shouldn't be restarted for. But they do it just to be safe and get money off you i'd imagine too

Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

That is very strange... never heard of that happening! Does sound like an ISP problem, but it is also possible the extra bandwidth has allowed some piece of Spyware you didn't realise about before to consume more power? Do you use Microsoft Antispyware?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Solid State Member

I use spybot search & destroy. It says I have no spyware.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
In Runtime

I have the same problem, everything will be fine for me and i will %100 freeze for like 5 seconds and go back to smooth, i can't stand comcast their support is the worst
512 corsair xms
nickbuddy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Mine dosent just freeze for 5 seconds, It compleatly freezez up and then the page will disconect and send me to an error page. The only thing I can think of that it might be is comcast told me I needed to call and have my "provisioning" done but I never did... I wonder if that is the problem?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #7
Solid State Member

Here is what Ive done so far. I have uninstalled java rebooted and then reinstalled the latest version of sun java. I have downloaded a new browser "mozilla firefox" but nothing has gotten better. here is the error page i get:

http://www.pogo.com/error/comm.jsp?s...ool2-plp2sf093

Any ideas of what it could be? All other websites and web pages seem to work fine...