internet faster on iphone than laptop?

I'm questioning your laptop WiFi technology (G vs. N) as your iPhone 6 is getting 25.

You could try opening the command prompt as admin and run these commands.

Code:
ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

arp -d

ipconfig /renew
Could be a routing issue although I doubt that.

A better question, if you're at school... what is needed that requires faster than 10Mpbs? ;)

^ rhetorical

I'll answer it anyway. Nothing really. Occasionally I download stuff or watch youtube videos during our breaks but aside from that nothing haha. Even then, its more than enough to handle anything I do during class that isn't related to taking notes and stuff.

Also the adapter is an Intel AC wireless adapter. Second gen AC I might add. So that can't be the problem.

Sounds like it could be signal interference. Did you test the speeds in the same location on both devices?

Also make sure your network device drivers on your laptop are updated, especially if you have upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous version and never updated your drivers.

One other thing you can try is to check which encryption method your connection to the WiFi network is using (TKIP or AES). Once you determine which one it is, switch it to the other one and see if the speed improves. (Just click your WiFi icon in the bottom right, find your SSID, right-click it and select "properties", set Encryption type: to the one you aren't using).

Typically TKIP will cause your connection to run slower, not sure why because AES is the newer standard and requires more resources.

Just some things you can try yourself to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom