Internet Explorer PROBLEM HELP!

LTsK8eR2gO

Beta member
Hey guys, I have this problem here..

My I.E. has been officially put into the "Bitch" category. You see, I have IIS 5.1 installed on this computer (XP Professional) so that I can host a website.. But I get a SERIOUS error.

When I start IIS, I get this:

"MMC requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater to be installed."
Leads to application exit.

Ok, I have i.e. 6.0 installed! wtf right? better yet.. when I uninstalled I.E. TOTALLY (Start > Settings > CP > Add/Remove > Add/Remove Windows Components > Unchecked Internet Explorer > Next), I tried going to microsoft.com and downloaded I.E.6.0 yet again and this is the error I get: (i used FireFox)

Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer on this computer. Cannot continue.
Leads to application exit.

Gay? I have ran every single anti-spyware prog there is.. all clean ups etc.. even went into safe mode, debugged registry.. everything.

What's next?

host a webpage?
why not just use an FTP program? WSFTP
internet explorer is stupid to use. Mozilla firefox isn't good for managing FTP.
I use the my computer box and type the FTP command in there

FTP://cyberman.0catch.com

LoL...

you guys didn't fully read my post. I'm using IIS to host a website.. and for some retarded reason i'm getting all the I.E. shits..

what's this you mention about hosting a site with FTP?

well there may be a prblem with your host but if that isn't the case i woud try to download 5.5 using other means by that i mean using bittorrent or a p2p network

Back
Top Bottom