Internet Explorer Problem

AOL might be blocking your IE and Firefox. Try disabling AOL or uninstalling AOL to see if you can then use IE or Firefox. Here are instructions on how to disable it, or uninstall it if that is what you want to try.

Disabling AOL (but leaving it installed):

1. Disconnect from AOL.
2. Right-click the AOL icon in the System Tray (The System Tray is the area of the Windows toolbar that contains the clock.)
3. From the menu that pops up select "Exit".
4. A window will appear asking if you wish for AOL to restart next time you start your computer. Click the "No" button.

Disabling AOL (and removing it from your computer):

1. Disconnect from AOL.
2. Click the "Start" button.
3. Click the "Settings" menu item.
4. Another menu will open, Click the "Control Panel" option.
5. The control panel will open.
6. Double-click the icon labeled "Add/Remove Programs"
7. In the list of programs that is displayed find the listing for AOL's software and double-click it.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the removal process.

what you mean disable aol?
i don't have aol as a form of connection.
if i disable this browser and it still doesn't work then i won't have any use of browsers

what you mean disable aol?
i don't have aol as a form of connection.
if i disable this browser and it still doesn't work then i won't have any use of browsers

My bad thought you were using it as a connection, I misread your first post.

This is what I personally would try given AOL's track record for blocking stuff. I would download the installer for AOL browser so that I have it. Uninstall AOL, and then test IE, Firefox, etc...

If it didn't work then I would still have the AOL browser installer and can reinstall.

My bad thought you were using it as a connection, I misread your first post.

This is what I personally would try given AOL's track record for blocking stuff. I would download the installer for AOL browser so that I have it. Uninstall AOL, and then test IE, Firefox, etc...

If it didn't work then I would still have the AOL browser installer and can reinstall.

Good call.

Dignity, if you're willing to do that, you'll most probably be able to use IE or Firefox.

aol is having difficulty making a connection at this time. please try agin later.

i'm a laptop but i was using my computer.

Were you ever able to use IE?

Also are you using a router? If so what does ipconfig display?

aol is having difficulty making a connection at this time. please try agin later.

i'm a laptop but i was using my computer.

Either your internet connection is having problems, or the AOL setup you downloaded requires an online connection to browse.

By the way, you could download a full installer of AOL from somewhere and then use a CD to install it onto the computer we're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom