Internet explorer 6 windows 2000

clarinez

Beta member
Hi All, hope somebody can help.

I have an anciecnt PC which my father is using just for photos. It is running windows 2000 professional. It is not connected ot the internet, and we don't want it to be.

However when trying to install a new printer (HP), it informs me that I need to update to internet explorer 6. Fine. But I can't finf a way to do that for windows 200, only XP.

If somebody could give me a link or some such I would really appreciate it. Also if there is a way around it? Dont want to connect it to the internet - the shock would kill it.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks ion advance for any replies.

clarinez

Nothing bad will happen if you connect it to the internet and go to the Microsoft website. But if you have a flash drive download IE6 on another computer put it on the flash drive, or floppy if the computer doesn't have USB's.

Nothing bad will happen if you connect it to the internet and go to the Microsoft website. But if you have a flash drive download IE6 on another computer put it on the flash drive, or floppy if the computer doesn't have USB's.

yeah, I have a friend that runs Windows 2000 on his main rig, he refuses to upgrade (says 2000 is the most secure Windows ever) and he has it connected to the internet...

Back
Top Bottom