Internet connection problem...
I have a problem accessing the internet on my pc. My cat 5 is fine and the other 3 computers in my house are all connected (2 wireless and 1 wired). This problem pc has been connected to the network for more than a year with no problems and connected to my college's network when I'm back at school. I have no idea what the problem can be. I have exhausted all of my resources and Cisco won't help me unless I pay them $40. I'm a broke college student with barely enough money to buy my parents Christmas gifts so that's not an option. Here is a list of things I've tried already:
- Power cycled my pc, router, and modem six times.
- tested my cat 5 on other pcs and it works
- orange connection led is on on my mobo, no yellow led for internet though.
- called Cisco Systems and my ISP, AT&T. Neither helped me.
- My computer tells me I am connected to an unidentified network and I have local access only. how do i get global access?
- OSs: Windows Vista Business 32-bit and Ubuntu v8 Both cannot connect to the internet.
Suggestions? I have a lot of faith in this community so please someone help!
Intel Quad 6600, Asus P5N-E SLI, GeForce GTX 560 1GB, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Zalman 9700NT, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, 650 watt PSU