Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Exclamation internet acting wierd

when i load webpages, some cases the website wont load and i have to refresh.
or when i try to watch a video or play a game the website only loads the page but not the video.. i have to refresh a few times for it to connect.

also my internet connection speed it unusual. my last test said i had a 500kbps download and 3.5MBps upload. used to be less download til i tweaked it a little.

how can i fix this?

shawn1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: internet acting wierd

is your shockwave and adobe updated?

Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
BSOD

Are you using internet over network.
forumuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Solid State Member

all internet add-on's (eg: shockwave and flash player) are up to date, and my pc connects directly to the fiber-optic box, it has only started doing this last month.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

If you notice your bandwidth is not where it should be per your contract with your ISP, then I would suggest contacting them to notify them. Maybe they have an explanation for you, or maybe not but they may offer different tests for you to run.

I know if you have cable and if they recently added a bunch of people on the line then that could play a part in your bandwidth going tits up.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by netBooger View Post
If you notice your bandwidth is not where it should be per your contract with your ISP, then I would suggest contacting them to notify them. Maybe they have an explanation for you, or maybe not but they may offer different tests for you to run.

I know if you have cable and if they recently added a bunch of people on the line then that could play a part in your bandwidth going tits up.
that could be it, but a couple people i know that live nearby with the same internet have no speed difference, and i just recently connected a client's pc to my line and it was getting full speed as well.

plus i got fiber-optic high speed, advertized 4mb used to be able to connect at almost 800k
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1989 View Post
that could be it, but a couple people i know that live nearby with the same internet have no speed difference, and i just recently connected a client's pc to my line and it was getting full speed as well.

plus i got fiber-optic high speed, advertized 4mb used to be able to connect at almost 800k
I would call your ISP and ask them what the deal is. I have had instances with a certain ISP where I was getting shorted on my bandwidth and after I called them up to ask wtf they fixed it and I never had a problem again.

|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote