Internet

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
We have 3 computers using cox.net internet cable. Going though a router, and modem. However lately on Vent and IRC I get dissconnected a lot. I updated all my drivers and such. Any ideas?

Well yes I believe so. We have our cable connection hooked up to a modem. This modem runs to a router or a hub w/e you wanna call it. This hug then has 3 other connections which goes to my dads computer. my computer, and my moms computer.

Hmmm... shouldn't have any problems with that as far as I can tell...

Does that happen in all of you Computers connected to the Hub?

Haha, just put bump in next time and it will be fine. Double Posting for the purpose of bumping is fine.

Tomorrow I will go under how house, and check every single wire we have. I believe the problem is in our wireing. I will also bring my gun with me and shot any animal that has been chewing on them. I believe its a physicall problem not software. Any other suggests are welcomed. I'll take any at all. Literally this is annoying the living crap out of me not being able to stay connect to anything. I got cable and its acting like dail up. Heh might go back to dail up if its more reliable.

Yeah, it could be fautly wiring... my guess too. Maybe replace the main wires or all of them if you can and if you still have issues... well, then, I guess contact your isp and get a new modem...

Yea its getting exteremly annoying. I play merchant empires which is hugely community based. I mean if I wa s just a normal web surfer I prob would even notice it. But when you lagged or lose yoru connection for even a few seconds in IRC or vent you get dissconnected an reconnected the annoying part? Well it happening OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

That is annoying :p Hope you can fix it! Although I know how annoying it is to get some of those wires if they're put in wronly... I had to rewire my house for Networking a long time ago and it was complete piss, considering the house it upwards of 40 years old :D

Fun though! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom