internal Wi-Fi card problems...

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
well i have a toshiba laptop, it has an internal Wi-Fi card, and starting last weekend it would not connect to wireless networks... well, when i clicked on the little Wi-Fi icon by the clock (which had a little red X on it) and i saw my network, so i clicked once on it, then where the button is to "connect" it only says "disconect"...so i pressed disconect, then it refreshed and the only option is to "disconnect"!!!! so i did the obvious thing and right clicked the icon by the clock and presse "repair" it said "disabling wireless adapter" then after maybe 30 secs. (way to long) it said "enabling wirless adapter" then after 30 more secs. it said "connecting to network" after litterally 2 mins. it said "unable to connect to wireless network" I have tried assigning a static ip address and one issued by DHCP, neither work. IT IS NOT THE NETWORK BECAUSE MY MOM HAS AN ALMOST IDENTICAL COMPUTER AND IT CONNECTS, AND WHEN I HOOK UP MY LAPTOP TO THE NETWORK WIRED, IT WORKS GREAT... so it leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my laptop's card. what do you think? is there anything i can do?

You can always reinstall the software for the wireless adapter. Should be on your system restore disk. I have one on mine. If that doesn't work, then you can buy a wireless adapter for your laptop by means of the PCMCIA expansion port. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom