Intermittent Power-off

Venus1

Baseband Member
Hey there,

Like the title says I'm having trouble with one of my laptops (Acer Aspire 5935) it's a good laptop but every so often I hear the fan at the back suddenly spin up to full speed and then it powers off; almost like the CPU/GPU is suddenly overheating, but it's neither of those. Today it was happening and I managed to load a hardware temperature tool which clearly shown the CPU was not over heating, there WAS one thing overheating, the temperature was climbing (despite me not doing anything and CPU utilization was at 0%) and as soon as it got into the 90's it shut down again.

eknhva.jpg

The area I've put a box round is the culprit (though it's at a reasonable temperature now) I don't know what this temperature is related to since it has no name other than "Acer Aspire 5935", does anybody know what this is?

The thing is that this problem is very irregular, it's like something's faulty because often it happens as I move the laptop or something, but then when I power back on it's fine. It doesn't matter if it's powered by the battery of the power pack since it's happened in both instances, like I said; intermittent... and a bit annoying.

it's the cpu, you'll need to put some thermal on it, I'd get the laptop and view a guide on how to take one apart and it should show you how to do it, if you want to anyway, clean it out while you do it.

I've actually already reset the heatsinks with better thermal paste once, in fact I done it to all chips. Besides, the temperature of either cores do not change when it's about to happen.

Not sure if it has something to do with power distribution I've read, I hope not.

Well normally when a system goes off just after a fan starts kicking in and going faster I presumed off all the laptops I've fixed it could be an overheating issue, it is strange.

Back
Top Bottom