Intergraded hardware problems

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I installed a MSI 6600gt and a floppy drive the other day and ever since my MOBOs intergraded stuff has stoped working. I have this MOBO:http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

The first thing to quit was the enthernet/lan spot. I wasn't too worried about it because i had a enthernet card laying around from my old computer.

When i turned my computer on after installing the enthernet card my intergraded sound quit out. i didn't have a sound card so i was kinda pissed off. i couldn't do anything about it though because i had to go to work. when i came home the sound was working again. the reason it started working is because someone restarted the computer. now the problem is everytime i restart the computer the sound quits and i have to restart again to get it to work. it makes no sense.

Do you think that this is happening because i broke some parts of my MOBO when i installed stuff or is it just windows XP be stupid? also how do i fix it?

Where do you find the itergraded stuff on your computer? i checked my bios and can't find them.

They should be in Advanced Chip set features. This should contain an option for Intergrated Sound which might be disabled though this is very weird. I doubt installing those would have caused much harm.

Does the ethernet lan port by any chance have a light which glows when its plugged in? If it does then it can't be the bios and must in some way be windows.

The sound, if you find it in bios and it is enabled, might be to do with driver clashes. Go to the Device Manager in System in the control panel and delete the sound and try to re-install it :)

I hope this helps

Is your floppy light constantly on? If so then you may have connected the data cable upside down.

Why did you get a floppy drive anyway?

I still use floppy's to get stuff from school home. i did have the cable upside down but i figured out what was wrong when it wasn't working.

Oh, so that was causing the whole entire problem?

As for Flash, I think Delta means Flash Bios, to update bios settings easily.

No I mean why not use flash memory instead of floppies? :)

Cheaper (PerMB), more reliable, stores more, silent, less volotile.

Back
Top Bottom