Interet explorer problem

No sh**. We've already discussed that in this thread, did you read the previous posts?

OP: You need to try running the machine straight from the MODEM. So, unplug it from the router and connect it up straight to the modem. If it works, then you know you have a router issue. If not, then you lied when you said you have the drivers installed.

I run it straight from the modem, the problem persist.
The only driver that i"m mising is the acpi driver, and i can't find a driver for it

Try http://www.acpi.info/ and download the driver from another one of your PCs. It may not fix your internet explorer issue but at least it might eliminate this driver that is not installed. Also, when you open IE, does it crash immediately or does it just not connect? (page could not be displayed). I couldn't see this info anywhere in this post.

Try http://www.acpi.info/ and download the driver from another one of your PCs. It may not fix your internet explorer issue but at least it might eliminate this driver that is not installed. Also, when you open IE, does it crash immediately or does it just not connect? (page could not be displayed). I couldn't see this info anywhere in this post.

Ok it's like this,when I open the internet explorer, it works for a while, but when I go on hp.com a new box open and says internet explorer stopped responding, sometimes a box open and says stack overflow at.
Sometimes on all websites it stops responding

Can someone help me out with the command to restore the TCP/IP stack?

Winsock reset or something?

Hmm....you said you reinstalled vista. How far have you got with updates? Have they all updated manually? Do you have SP1 installed? SP2? Have you got Flash installed? If so, what version?

Also, the error message you get seems to be incomplete:

stack overflow at........(should say "line" and then give a line number). Does this error appear everytime it crashes or just for the hp website?

If you are looking for a successful outcome to this problem, you need to be more specific with your symptoms, in which order they occur. Because you didn't mention that IE works some of the time, others are led to believe that the router may be the problem, or a driver.

Maybe google you're error on another PC - you may be surprised with the outcome. There are at least 2 Microsoft Support pages with possible solutions to the "stack overflow" errors you get.

I know your problem relates to both IE and Firefox but maybe you need to concentrate on one. Or google something like "IE and firefox both crash"

So, is this the only computer internet doesn't work on? Or does is it your ONLY computer? Because from what you are describing--if you can't connect wired or wirelessly and have reinstalled the OS and drivers--it sounds like it's an internet issue, not your computer.
An internet problem wouldn't make it crash.
try removing some of the RAM.

Problem didn't get fix.
I've to add something, when the computer is off the internet it works fine, when it is conected to internet, just after I turn it on, it says windows side bar stops working.
I took the hard disk again, put it in my other laptop, and everything work fine, no problem,I'm now thinking maybe it is an hardware failure?

Back
Top Bottom