Interet explorer problem

Could you be more specific in the error?

Are you able to PING websites. This will tell us if your internet connection is working.

Start > Run > type CMD > type ping www.google.com

See if you get replies back or not.

Could you be more specific in the error?

Are you able to PING websites. This will tell us if your internet connection is working.

Start > Run > type CMD > type ping www.google.com

See if you get replies back or not.

But you see, if he's saying his other computers get on the internet, then the connection is fine. It'd be an issue with his router, like I mentioned...But I guess we won't know till the OP reports back...at some point.

I've checked in device manager, and now I saw a yellow point in front on a unknown device, i've checked the device is acpi but i can't find a driver for it.
Btw the laptop is a hp dv4t-1000 if someone has that driver please send me the link

Not if his ethernet driver isn't installed correctly

No sh**. We've already discussed that in this thread, did you read the previous posts?

OP: You need to try running the machine straight from the MODEM. So, unplug it from the router and connect it up straight to the modem. If it works, then you know you have a router issue. If not, then you lied when you said you have the drivers installed.

No sh**. We've already discussed that in this thread, did you read the previous posts?

OP: You need to try running the machine straight from the MODEM. So, unplug it from the router and connect it up straight to the modem. If it works, then you know you have a router issue. If not, then you lied when you said you have the drivers installed.

Whoa, easy there man.

Yes the connection between the router and modem is fine. We can determine that by having other computers connect.

I've read every post before this and have just re-read through them. I think my comment is still valid.

We are both looking for the same info. Here's my thoughts:
If he pings and it doesn't go through then we know it's the router or the network port. If it does go through, then it's the browsers.

If he plugs into the modem and it works then we know it's the router. If it doesn't work then it's the network port or the browsers.

Either way will give us the same basic info that can lead us to the next step. The OP just needs to do one of the two tests and let us know the results.

Back
Top Bottom