Interet explorer problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
I have a hp pavilion dv4 with windows vista.
Everytime I go on the internet it gives me, internet explorer has stopped working.
I've run windows vista again, installed all the drives, but still same problem
Can someone help me out with this?

I had the same problem. CTRL+ALT+DEL > Processes > iexplore.exe > End Porcess. then download and install Mozilla Firefox. its a much better web browser

lol, how would he download it without a browser?

Go scan your computer for malware, as one of the main problems of a non-responding browser may lie within malware.

If you don't have one, go to Start, All programs, look for Windows Defender.

Well, he must have gotten to the forums to post somehow. Download the Mozilla installer remotely and send it to your PC via flash drive, or the sorts. Could be lack of RAM to use IE. Most OEM Manufacturers don't send the computers out with more than about 512Mb of RAM and Vista is a RAM hungry OS to boot. IE is a RAM hungry internet explorer. Or if it's IE8, it's probably still very buggy.

The laptop has 4gb of ram, I've also tried to run it without add on, still the same problem

well put the mozila firefox, guess what, it doesn't open it, it tells me,we're sorry firefox has crashed

Are you sure you installed all the drivers?

EDIT - And now that you mention it's a laptop, are you connecting through wired or wireless?

I didn't install all the drivers, and connecting via wire of wireless same problem.
I test this:took the hard drive out, put it in another laptop, and internet explorer works ok,and mozila also works fine....
Maybe is a problem with the laptop self?

Ok, installed all the drivers,same problem...
One more thing, the computer has 4gb of ram, and when i go in systems , it says it only has 3gb,I did the memory test and everything seems to be fine.
Also everytime the sidebar stops working

Did the laptop come with 4 gb or did you upgrade it?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling IE or upgrading it to 8 or downgrading it to 7 (depending on which version it is now).

Also see if you can ping websites.

Back
Top Bottom