Interesting Upgrade Idea...

I have put everything in my shopping cart in Newegg, ready to order, and I've selected next day shipping because it's only 15 dollars more than the regular. That's something I'm willing to do to get it 2 days early!

I'm going to help my friend install the video card today and make sure it works. Then, of course, I'll take it back until my system is up and running.

I'm so excited!

By the way, I upgraded to a 60 dollar case that's really cool looking. Here's a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811208008

Pretty sweet, huh? :D

That's a really nice case and I would get that too if the faceplate isn't so funny looking. I didn't like the front panel design. Nice fans in there though. Yeah, these Compaq laptops will play just about anything, not necessarily on high settings but still playable. I don't have any games installed on my laptop or any other programs for that matter. Mainly for school and business. On the other hand, my desktop is just crammed with good stuff. Thousands of dollars of software on here. Man, I love it.

i know a e-tailer that lets you choose the stepping of the Optys, you pay a little bit more though. But it gurantees no bad steppings.

I'm just going to try my luck with Newegg. From the reviews, pretty much everyone has gotten CABYE or CAB2E. Which, according to those reviews, are good for overclocking.

What exactly is stepping, anyway? :D

Parts have been ordered. I got fast order processing and FedEx Next Day shipping.

I'm happy. :D

nicely done, wow you really want this stuff, tell me how it works out for gaming and such because maybe ill get one before they stop selling them to us consumers. get some before and after 3dmark03's and 05's

I don't have those benchmarks, but I do have AquaMark3. I'm hoping for a score of about 68,000 with this system compared to my 52,000 system I have now. I'm pretty dang sure I'll get it. :D

I think it'll work well for gaming. Well, I'm sure it will, because I grabbed the eVGA 7800GT while I was there.

You guys don't want to know the total price, either. Trust me. :D

The only little snag was that my power supply (a very reliable Aspire) has a 20 pin motherboard connector, while this motherboard has a 24 pin. I just simply ordered a converter (even though you technically don't need one) just to make it look a little better. Not much of a snag, of course, but just a little something that makes you say, "That's too bad" or something along those lines.

Can't wait! Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday. I know that FedEx + Newegg = awesome shipping, so we'll see.

And yes, I do want this stuff. Very badly! I have little patience when it comes to new computers. :D

Jamxx said:
The only little snag was that my power supply (a very reliable Aspire) has a 20 pin motherboard connector, while this motherboard has a 24 pin. I just simply ordered a converter (even though you technically don't need one) just to make it look a little better.

actually i did plenty of research on this when i got my alien-x aspire 500w psu, you can use no adapter and fit the 20 pin into the 24 pin slot on the mobo if you do some shaving but it can cause system instability and problems later on. that why i also had to buy a 20-24 pin adapter, hmm ima run aquamark and see what i get

Jamxx said:
I'm just going to try my luck with Newegg. From the reviews, pretty much everyone has gotten CABYE or CAB2E. Which, according to those reviews, are good for overclocking.

What exactly is stepping, anyway? :D

Stepping is like which batch it came from. AMD has many FABs and each make different cpus.

Back
Top Bottom