Intel's new CPU

Computer technology is like that. You might as well settle somewhere, because if you try to wait for the best, you just going to wait forever and ever and ever...

Finally, Intel is doing something. They were probably ashamed or reluctant to go back, but now that they've finally decided to just do it, things will be looking up for both them and computer users.

This will also motivate AMD to work harder on bettering Intel, so it's definitely very good for computer users.

Yup. Competition is good. It spurs companies to compete and create better things. Imagine if there was only ONE processor in the entire market and they never improved it much! Haha, that would SUCK! :p

That's true. Well, new models also drive down prices too. When they come out with something better (hopefully...), they usually drive down the prices of the older products. Now that's good. :D

I've been looking at the Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego CPU and one of the 7800GT video card for a potential upgrade of my existing computer. They look awfully good. For the price of single 6800GT, I could spend another $50-$80 and get a 7800GT because they're going down in price too.

Yup. Forget the 7800 GTX. I'm thinking of getting a 7800 GT for my next build. They're cheap and for the price, they perform really nicely.

nah, forget the 4000+ SD, get a 146 Opty S939, or get a dual core Opty, i have seen some very very nice results with it. 2.9GHz and rising with air cooling, XP-120 and a high speed, high pressure fan.

Oh baby...Opterons are AMD's overclocking kings! Whoowee! 3.0ghz on air is insane.

I don't know if I can afford a dual core Opteron, but of all the regular single core Athlon 64's, that 4000+ is pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom