Intel UPDATE--New architecture after Penryn

In that roadmap AMD outlined, I don't see a 32nm development stage to compete with Intel. But it's all very exciting to see what Intel and AMD have to role out within the next couple of years and beyond!!

i love the idea of going 45 and 32 then 20 ect down
higherclock speeds here we come!

I know Intel has been madly researching the optic CPU. It's technically a breakthrough and they actually have a working model. It won't be years until it rolls out. Can you imagine the possiblities with optic CPUs? Faster, cooler, faster, and more faster, then cheaper.

16 cores? Wow, seems like overkill now, but maybe by then we will have a use for all or most of the cores.

lol probaly not, when they come out w. 16 cores thats when we will finally be able to support 4 cores, and everyone will be like ughgh only half of my processor is utilized just the same way with dual cores and quad cores lol

Leo: Code name for a desktop chip package based on the 45nm Phenom processor, which will offer 6MB of cache. Set for release in 2008.

im a leo :p maybe that chip will bring me good luck if i get it

There's already a lot of applications made for dual core and some already out for quad core. When oct core comes out, we'll already have full quad core support.

So when the hell is the pace of making all this stuff going to slow down, so i can build a computer and have it be good for a few years. This is going way to fast

Never, hehe. The good thing about all this is the prices. As these start to come out, Intel and AMD have no choice but to lower prices on existing products. It's on on-going thing. I've been delaying my build for the last year already.

This is awesome. Only thing is like AMD pwnzor said by the time you get the stuff you can't even play the latest games because the games are pushing the hardware sooo much. I'm very glad to see that processor's are skyrocketing. I just hope that GPU's can follow along and keep up, because games like FS: X and supreme commander are computer killers right now.

My thoughts are the GPU and CPU intergration is that it will be a failure. Intergrated GPU into motherboard a couple of years ago was worth nothing execpt for a troubleshooting tool and backup. With the GPU being on the processor, I think it will be a great bottleneck for because I don't think the motherboard could handle all that. I'm no expert but those are my thoughts on it. I think we need to focus more on SLi and such :)

Back
Top Bottom