Intel Questions!

I'm positive its centrino, the advert on tv says improved battery life from intel centrino technology!!

sir...to honestly look at the minimal power draw on a power supply from a processor...you have to look at its wattage or its voltage to get an idea...but the new processors with thinner cores will have less resistance on the silicon wafer...get one with a core of .09 to .13 microns thick...any website will provide this info...but to tell you the truth...processors have very little affect on how much the power from the power supply is used...the mobo and drives take many times more...if you are going to get an intel...i reccoment the really high end intels, because the low end without ht technology are garbage...and please dont get a celeron...even more garbage...if you are going to buy from intel get a pentium M because they have the largest L2 cache and the engineering on this chip is the best from intel...but to give you more truth...get an AMD instead...im a seasoned computer repairman/ pc builder...and the engineering on an AMD are the best...cut your bill by a third and buy an athlon, sempron, operton, or athlon 64...because all of these will beat out an intel of a similar price...the sempron will blow away a celeron...and the athlon 64 will blow away the p4...dont worry about the lower Ghz rating because they really dont matter much...its the processing technologies and core size...front side bus...and pure quality precision that matters

Jeeze...

Cut to the last page and just answer the man's questions. Opinions about amd and intel is not what he asked about.
Centrino is the trade name intel uses for the low power cpu chips used in laptops. It provides for longer life of the battery by lowering the power consumption of the cpu. How the makers of the other parts of the laptop configure thier componets, will affect the battery life, but this is intel's way of doing thier part to extend the battery life.
Now as for the buss for the chips you asked about. Chip sets have a standard they follow that is called pci. AGP runs independently of the pci buss allowing for some pretty blistering graphics speeds. I would suggest for some deep, head numbing reading you just type in the chip set numbers in either Google or Dogpile and do some serious reading.

Back
Top Bottom