Intel Q6600 Quad core Temp?

I used some compoud my friend had not too sure on brand or percentage.
:/
UPDATE:
My computer is running 26-34C afternoon/evening thru the night
Its 9am i passed out last night and it ran thru the night and its at 29C

The computer is in the garage so the temp. fluctuates a bit more then a standard home. Im in cali so its not that hott or cold. I think it might just need a very good heat sync.

What is a very well known, and cools dramtically well heat sync if you could tell me ?

please and thank you

chris

id like to test it out. if the heat sync works thats all.
if it doesnt i shall proceed with your help :D

the error on my processors justfixed itself ?
dont know how ? windows updates i think.
the exclamation points are gone now in device manger.

Those temperatures seem fine now, I presume they're idle temps, the cause of them dropping so dramatically has me perplexed though. It may be the TIM you used has settled but I'm dubious about that as the drop of ~20°C is far more than normally expected. I guess it will remain one of lifes mysteries. Keep an eye on the temps just in case it decides to go back to where it was.

I'd suggest that before you go buying a new cooler that reseating the one you have with a quality TIM (Arctic Silver 5, Arctic MX-2, Tuniq TX-2) might give you a noticably better result.

If you are intent on changing coolers, in order of effectiveness, I'd list these: (There's always new stuff on the market too so have a look around)

Be aware that the Ultra 120 eXtreme and the Tuniq Tower 120 are big units, the Ultra 120 eXtreme comes without fans. (Most people I talk to use Scythe fans for their low cfm/db ratio)

Hey yeah i think it was just the thermal compound.
i think it just wasnt settled.
today i idled very good
29-35 all day and 40-42 peaked after a half hour of crysis :D
but it came back down.

thanks for the help
if they do rise again ill look into those coolers
i got referred to that zalman one too so i might have that one if i get another problem

thanks again A True Folder :D

Back
Top Bottom