Intel Q6600 Quad core Temp?

chrisdafrizz

In Runtime
Hello thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
I just put together a new pc,
Ecs motherboard
intel q6600 2.44ghz
2gb ram
evga 8600 gt (512mb)

My pross is running hot heres a screenshot:
prossseorerror.jpg

temps.jpg

Evrything else is running fine and cold. The case is cooled by four fans
I thought maybe the heat sync was shotty, i replaced it and still not running any cooler.

thermal compound was added aswell tried a normal small amount and tried with a bit more but no change.
Is it ok to run it this hott?
any help appreciated

ERROR CODE FOR PROCESSOR:
A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

ct.jpg

Currently running a (CoolMaster) Heat sync
got it just to see if it was the stock heat sync that was messed up

has bottom braket and screws in i like it better then the clips.

yeah its running 55idle and 59peak

been on crysis and cod 4 for about 4 hours total and its staying at 59 and comes down to 55

ALright :D thanks

yeah it runs stable

a friends going to come see if i did anything worng ill let u guys know for the future

At op, there is something not right here with your temps, that is not the beta version of coretemp I linked you to, please use the one I linked as previous or different versions may incorrectly read your cpu.

What TIM did you use, how much did you apply and how did you apply it.

Also can you please d/load and run CPU-Z, post screenies of the cpu and m/board tabs. Could you also please list your pc specs including Coolermaster cpu cooler model. A pic of the inside of your case would be handy if you can manage it..

--------------------------------------------------------------//------------------------------------------------------------------

[RANT]

Quad cores run hot....Simple as. Mines just as hot overclocked.
What a load of rubbish, 55°C idle at stock clocks is a ridiculous temperature, quads don't even run that hot at stock clocks with a stock cooler at full load.

If you don't have any idea then don't post.

What would you reply to these????

"Quads run cool" ????

:rolleyes: /shakes head

tempsmf9.jpg
tempidle30ghzlf6.jpg

Under full load at 3.6GHz I reach 65°C which is slightly higher than his stock temp, explain that for me.

[/RANT]

Hello None of the links for downloads are up.
Thats why i used that one its the only one i found that link was not broken.

applys to the compound: a small dab in the center, and spreading it evenly over the processor

pics up later

Hey, sorry about that, I didn't realise Softpedia linked to the original d/load site which, as you say, is down.

Let me look around, I'll see if I can find another site.

What brand/type of compound did you use? 99.9% silver based like AS5 or a silicon based one or other??

EDIT: Damn there are no active links for Core Temp, that's weird.

Next best tool would be Intel TAT (Thermal Analysis Tool), there's a d/load linked on this page

http://www.overclock.net/downloads/138139-intel-tat.html

WARNING: DO NOT run the stress test that comes with TAT until we indentify why your cpu is so hot, this stress test can kill insufficiently cooled cpu's.

Back
Top Bottom