Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #51
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

its not M2 anymore, its AM2, and do you want to see what the Presler is capable of? http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85791 Thats right, SuperPi in 19.53 seconds. Lets see AMD try and beat that . The FX-60 only gets up to a wimpy 3.3Ghz. http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85948
__________________

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 AM   #52
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 572
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

wait when is the 955 chip coming out? is it already out then? and what the heck is XE?
is intel going to stick with their socket 775 or are they switching like amd is?
__________________

Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #53
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Yeah, Intel owns at Super Pi. I've never seen a AMD do that well.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #54
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
wait when is the 955 chip coming out? is it already out then? and what the heck is XE?
is intel going to stick with their socket 775 or are they switching like amd is?
XE = extreme edition. Intel is not moving sockets for a long time because of the memory controller being on the motherboard. They are only going to update the chipset.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #55
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
hahha, dont worry about it. Remember that the 955xe is a dual core.
Darn right! The new 955xe is going to be a mighty awesome chip! And remember, this is only the first 955xe to come out, the ones coming out in Q3 and Q4 will be awesome compared to this! muahahaha
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #56
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
Darn right! The new 955xe is going to be a mighty awesome chip! And remember, this is only the first 955xe to come out, the ones coming out in Q3 and Q4 will be awesome compared to this! muahahaha

Are you being sarcastic?

First of all, the 955xe is running off of nitrogen. It was clocked ridiculously high! Up to freaking 6ghz! If anything, it better seem impressive.

However, no normal person is going to be running their processor off nitrogen!!
The performance would be much much different running on conventional air and water cooling. It's right there where the 955xe FAILS. Not only that, the processor runs crazy hot on IDLE!!


The FX 60 kills the 955xe... You gotta be joking if you think otherwise
__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #57
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

Are you being sarcastic?

First of all, the 955xe is running off of nitrogen. It was clocked ridiculously high! Up to freaking 6ghz! If anything, it better seem impressive.

However, no normal person is going to be running their processor off nitrogen!!
The performance would be much much different running on conventional air and water cooling. It's right there where the 955xe FAILS. Not only that, the processor runs crazy hot on IDLE!!


The FX 60 kills the 955xe... You gotta be joking if you think otherwise
I wasn't even referring to the nitrogen thing. I was referring to the base chip. And yes, it will rock. No, it was not sarcasm. Because being able to reach 4.5 off of air cooling, THAT'S impressive! Can an AMD X2 do that...no...
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #58
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
I wasn't even referring to the nitrogen thing. I was referring to the base chip. And yes, it will rock. No, it was not sarcasm. Because being able to reach 4.5 off of air cooling, THAT'S impressive! Can an AMD X2 do that...no...

1) The processor is already out. Did you know that? :P

2) The 955xe was already compared to the X2 4800+ and lost.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1767167

3) The FX-60 was just released and it runs circles around the 955xe

4) It can reach 4.5 off of air cooling at above 80C. That's throttling. Why don't you over clock the 4800+ to 80C and see who wins. So umm.. No, that's not impressive.

5) The end
__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #59
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

okay, stop being an idiot and flaming posts. You are acting like a real ASSHOLE right now. Some people do run their computers 24/7 on a cascade, face the facts. If you dont believe me, check www.ocforums.com and do a little reading. the 4800+ will only rech 3.3Ghz max on LN2, a 955XE presler will go up to 6.6Ghz, and more with some tweaking. Now bench those on SuperPi. Can an A64 get 19.53 seconds on SuperPi? I think not.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #60
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

1) The processor is already out. Did you know that? :P

2) The 955xe was already compared to the X2 4800+ and lost.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1767167

3) The FX-60 was just released and it runs circles around the 955xe

4) It can reach 4.5 off of air cooling at above 80C. That's throttling. Why don't you over clock the 4800+ to 80C and see who wins. So umm.. No, that's not impressive.

5) The end

1) No duh...

2) That had no supporting evidence whatsoever, just some kid who stated an opinion. Try better next time.

3) No the FX-60 does not run "circles'' around the Conroe. The FX-60 is a 90nm chip that uses almost the exact same lay out as the FX-57 and other such processors. It's a disappointing chip...

4) Yes, 4.5GHz on air IS impressive. Let's see your CPU do that!

5) You've been 0wn3d. The End.
__________________

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0