Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz processor ( BX80547PG3200EK )

charlie009

Baseband Member
Hey, I've Been looking around a bit to get rid of my Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz. My motherboard has a 478 socket. As ive learned there is not much processors for this specific socket. I looked around a bit and found this. Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz processor . It uses the 478 socket and it has 3.2ghz speed.
Just incase you have never read any of my other threads, i suck at computers. Im not very ''smart'' when it comes to new hardware. Im just wondering. Would this be a ''great'' processor for all my gaming needs? Please give advice or suggestions!

If this processor is good. I plan on adding this video card http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3738429&Sku=B52-9802.

And upgrading to about 2gb of ram.

Just incase this info is needed this is my current PC in which i want to upgrade.

Compaq Presario SR1420NX Desktop PC

500mb ram,

and a crappy video card lol.

Dont know if it'll be great, But will be a nice upgrade over the celeron for sure.
The video gets good reviews here i think. lot of peole use it.
the 2gb of ram would be great. if you can get more than 2 gb thatd be even better.
What windows are you using?

A 9800GTX combined with a P4 3.2Ghz Single core CPU AND DDR memory? Bad combination if your looking to play some of today's biggest PC games.

What games are you considering playing?
If your going to spend the money and get a $180 video card, it seems like you like to game alot. But you need more than a good video card to play games on High Graphic settings.

And if I'm not mistaken you are using Windows XP?

Does your motherboard even support PCI-E x16? I would go with a whole new build. Keep the case if you have to. You can get much better PROC/MOBO combos for like $120

i have seen a board from biostar that does my friend upgraded to it, it bottlenecks terribly dude, up grade to a cheap dual core AMd, and new boad slim down on the gfx card if you can and you will have a great rig.

Back
Top Bottom