intel by a little

I think he was answering the "question" in the board description. By size, maybe he means that Intel uses 45NM stuff.. while until (sorta) recently, AMD used 65NM..?

Loosely translated...

Well Intel are in the lead by a small margin. The only way you can tell is to play a GPU stressy game. The pixels on an Intel machine are smaller. People think thats down to the graphics card. The graphics card makes it smoother, FPS, and will not make a game look better.

Thats a bold statment!

My view is that if your graphics ain't up to standard then get a better graphics card. And wether you run an AMD or Intel machine makes no difference at all.

I totally agree for gaming. But Intel does have a much stronger mobile platform, that's why I would give them the edge. I am pro-AMD, but it's obvious that Intel beats AMD in the mobile area. Even still I have seen benchmarks that compare Intel to AMD, and they do show that Intel is in fact better.

I totally agree for gaming. But Intel does have a much stronger mobile platform, that's why I would give them the edge. I am pro-AMD, but it's obvious that Intel beats AMD in the mobile area. Even still I have seen benchmarks that compare Intel to AMD, and they do show that Intel is in fact better.
You sure you haven't got that the wrong way around. Perhaps in the top of the range, Intels mobile quads are the fastest. But AMD has far better mobile GPUs, and low power CPUs. AMD are a lot stronger in the mobile market than they are in the desktop market IMO.

I'm pretty sure that I meant Intel is better. Both brands have a max thermal design power of 35W. However the Turion X2 Ultra's max out at 2.4GHz, 2MB L2 cache, and are still on a 65nm fabrication process. Intel has their mobile C2D max frequency at 2.8GHz, max 6MB L2 cache, and on a 45nm process which is what allows them to make mobile quads. However, there is no question that the integrated graphics for AMD/ATI wins by a landslide. Since an IGP is primarily good for office applications and light gaming, then there's no reason to compare the two because they both work equally well for those types of programs.

Back
Top Bottom