Intel is gonna have a Core i9 with 10 cores!

The answer is right in front of us. Performance vs prices. All we have to do is find the sweet spot in what the competitors have to offer and take it. AMD and their predecessor ATI were more for lower prices but they still beat Inter and nVidia in some points and Intel and nVidia were more for higher performance but they had stripped down performers that offered lower prices but didn't lose too much performance. That's where we should look at.

In the end the end-user should be the winner, but once they (i.e. end-users) stray from the above, they become the losers.

Let's not forget availability too. Where I live AMD CPU's/APU's are expensive because of their dealers and I don't do online shopping yet so I'm stuck with Intel. As for GPU's I'm safe. I just wish AMD make control panels with more advanced options and easier use for me like nVidia. The Crimson something CP came out wrong for my taste, unfortunately.

Let's not forget availability too. Where I live AMD CPU's/APU's are expensive because of their dealers and I don't do online shopping yet so I'm stuck with Intel. As for GPU's I'm safe. I just wish AMD make control panels with more advanced options and easier use for me like nVidia. The Crimson something CP came out wrong for my taste, unfortunately.

Ryzen is not even out in my country.

Something like this?

Hey, I look good in that!

Ehm, yeah, that's the one. Still isn't professional enough for me compared to nVidia's. At least since 4 years ago nVidia allowed custom resolutions and refresh rate settings, something I couldn't find in AMD's.

Ryzen is not even out in my country.

The problem is AMD's CPU's general availability. Ryzen is most likely so new to be out locally there.

Hey, I look good in that!

Ehm, yeah, that's the one. Still isn't professional enough for me compared to nVidia's. At least since 4 years ago nVidia allowed custom resolutions and refresh rate settings, something I couldn't find in AMD's.

The problem is AMD's CPU's general availability. Ryzen is most likely so new to be out locally there.
I used to have an R7 370 and the panel was quite good. However, Nvidia's allows for custom resolutions for each games and the "optimization" feature is awesome. If you don't want to go through each game setting or you just don't know what each means or what the value should be, it is a great tool that, I think, AMD doesn't have. On the other hand, Wattman is pretty good.

About availability, you'd be surprised to see that in my country, you won't find any of the Athlon X4 CPUs. It's awful.

I used to have an R7 370 and the panel was quite good. However, Nvidia's allows for custom resolutions for each games and the "optimization" feature is awesome. If you don't want to go through each game setting or you just don't know what each means or what the value should be, it is a great tool that, I think, AMD doesn't have. On the other hand, Wattman is pretty good.

About availability, you'd be surprised to see that in my country, you won't find any of the Athlon X4 CPUs. It's awful.

I used AMD/ATI too and their good. It is just that custom professional settings are lacking to my taste and preferences.

Nvidia also provides custom separate profiles for games. I don't remember finding this in AMD. The layout in Nvidia is way much better to my taste too. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in AMD better than Nvidia.

You poor foreigners. :D

I swear to God that statement is so accurate to my :p

Back
Top Bottom