Intel gets new nforce4 chipsets and VIA launches 2 new CPUs

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
For Intel fans, Nvidia has expanded its lineup of chipsets aimed at Intel processors. The new nForce4 SLI XE and nForce4 Ultra are mainstream and low end products that should allow makers to offer socket 775 mobos ranging from $90 to $100. The XE supports SLI mode, but limited to two x8 slots, while the Ultra offers a single x16 connector. Other features include 1066 MHz frontside bus, dual channel DDR2-667 memory, up to four Serial ATA 3 Gb/s ports, four ATA-133 ports, ten USB 2.0 ports, 8-channel audio and native Gigabit Ethernet. In comparison to the nForce4 SLI and SLI x16, however, the XE and Ultra lack hardware accelerated firewall.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce4_family.html

What the hell, I'll combine this with the other news on here too. Two for the price of one thread.

VIA just launched two 90nm Eden processors based on the Esther core used in the C7. According to VIA, the regular one clocks anywhere between 400 MHz and 1.2 GHz, with power consumption varying from 2.5 W to 7 W. Ranges for the ultra low voltage piece (ULV) are 1-1.5 GHz and 3.5-7.5 W. Both chips, packaged in nanoBGA2, use 400 MHz V4 frontside bus and contain 128 KB of L1 cache as well as 128 KB of L2. Also included are MMX, SSE2 and SSE3 support, PadLock security engine, and PowerSaver power management.

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/processors/eden/

"Yea let's create a really weak processor but it wont use as much power!". This is a time for computers where speed and power = money money money $$$$.

Why?? Oh why VIA?!?!

I remember the good old days of my 1.6GHz Duron processor with VIA Unichrome onboard graphics. :cool:

dude those are probaly for labtops and stuff so dont go crazy and start ranting. and when is the the nforce4 chipsets coming out for amds?

Those dual core centrinos for labtops are pretty sweet I say... amd and nvidia is still the best combo....

Doesn't matter. Info. is info. regardless if they are for laptops or desktops. This is a Computer Forum. That is computer news.

Back
Top Bottom