intel e6300 or amd x2 4200+?

ndsbass

Baseband Member
Which proccessor is better? the intel E6300 or the amd x2 4200+? they are both about the same price, but from what i have heard, intel's core 2 duos are outperforming the amds. However the clock speed is also pretty different, with the e6300 at only 1.8 ghz and the 4200 at 2.2 ghz?

e6300 all the way...it whoops 4200. Try searching around for some benchmarks. I think it could compete with the 4600 in a couple benchmarks.

I would say the E6300 is better. Clock speed isn't the only thing that makes a processor fast.

ya thats what i was getting from some of the bench marks i looked at. the difference in speed just seemed to catch me off guard. im suprised intel has finally surpassed amd as far as performance for your $. I also heard they are easily overclocked. is this true?

They do overclock well. I've been OCing an e6400 for a few months and it works great. Just make sure you get a good overclocking motherboard.

A very great motherboard. But if you are going to spend 250 on a motherboard why not upgrade your processor (E6600? E6400?)

definitely go with the E6300 it will blow the 4200 X2 out of the water! and the price is also pretty reasonable too. Those core 2 duos are very easily overclocked and the benchmarks are amazing on those things.

AlexF1224 said:
A very great motherboard. But if you are going to spend 250 on a motherboard why not upgrade your processor (E6600? E6400?)

i have pretty much reached my spending limit. otherwise i would.

Back
Top Bottom