Intel Duo Core vs Intel Quad Core

I personally think Quad-cores will be skipped. By the time programmers get good with multi-cores (Practicing on the PS3 lol) there will be processors with much more cores and they'll just develop games for that.

ok heres a question a little off subject but not much.

you know we say a game that is optimized for 1 or 2 cores its better to have a 3Ghz duo than a 2.6 quad yes i get that.

what about a game that is optimized for 1 core.

what wins
a 3.6Ghz penitum 4 ?
a 3Ghz Core2Duo ?

i know the say the architecture is differnet so the core2duos are allowed to do more at a much lower clock speed so id def guess the core2 but does this mean that the core2duo and the core2quad pretty much use the same architecture ?

ok heres a question a little off subject but not much.

you know we say a game that is optimized for 1 or 2 cores its better to have a 3Ghz duo than a 2.6 quad yes i get that.

what about a game that is optimized for 1 core.

what wins
a 3.6Ghz penitum 4 ?
a 3Ghz Core2Duo ?

i know the say the architecture is differnet so the core2duos are allowed to do more at a much lower clock speed so id def guess the core2 but does this mean that the core2duo and the core2quad pretty much use the same architecture ?
The C2D can do so much more per clock cycle, it would be faster than the 3.6GHz P4. P4s were the dark ages for Intel.

Core 2 Quads are two Core 2 Duos "duct taped" together, or at least that's how AMD puts it. The Core 2 Quad is not a true quad core, it is simply two dual cores on two dies under one IHS.

The C2D can do so much more per clock cycle, it would be faster than the 3.6GHz P4. P4s were the dark ages for Intel.
That is correct. Because of the architecture, Core2Duo processors will be able to do much more with 1 of it's core's that a Pentium 4 could do with itself.

Core 2 Quads are two Core 2 Duos "duct taped" together, or at least that's how AMD puts it. The Core 2 Quad is not a true quad core, it is simply two dual cores on two dies under one IHS.

so then do you think that Intel has the cahones (balls) to make a true quad?
and for game developers to release a manual download to allow their games to be utilize all of the cores?

It may not be a true quad, but there are still four cores there. I don't see why people are going crazy over it.

By the time it becomes standard for games to use four threads or more, there will probably be much better CPU's out then.

Back
Top Bottom