Intel Core 2 Extreme

I don't, but from what I have seen I don't think it's worth the extra 700 bucks over the Q6600

im sure if the rest of ur hardware is up to par then the Extreme would be so worth it in the end... that is if ur playin stuff like crysis, etc.

I don't see why people are so hyped up around the Extreme series of processors.
They just have unlocked multipliers and a few other small changes. So what?

You can overclock a Q6600 to around 3.6ghz making it worthy of the money. Whats the point spending around $700 more, just to be able to do it slightly easier?

It wouldn't make any difference in games what so ever, if you put both overclocked to the same amount, side by side.

I don't see why people are so hyped up around the Extreme series of processors.
They just have unlocked multipliers and a few other small changes. So what?

You can overclock a Q6600 to around 3.6ghz making it worthy of the money. Whats the point spending around $700 more, just to be able to do it slightly easier?

It wouldn't make any difference in games what so ever, if you put both overclocked to the same amount, side by side.

Tell my quad to Overclock to even 3GHZ :mad:

I do agree the high end quads are not worth the money, but their is an advantage to having guaranteed clockspeed.

Its not worth the 100's of pounds though to allow it to do so...

What motherboard do you have? I've only overclocked my quad using a Abit IP-35 PRO. My brothers Q6600 won't overclock past 2.2ghz with his Asus Striker Extreme, and simply crashes all the time, or freezes if I try to up it.
I don't know Asus half as well as I know Abit boards though.
Asus seems to complicate things.

Its not worth the 100's of pounds though to allow it to do so...

What motherboard do you have? I've only overclocked my quad using a Abit IP-35 PRO. My brothers Q6600 won't overclock past 2.2ghz with his Asus Striker Extreme, and simply crashes all the time, or freezes if I try to up it.
I don't know Asus half as well as I know Abit boards though.
Asus seems to complicate things.

eVGA 680I NF68 (The ones that are great for over clocking quads)

Hmm, thats a shame :(

The IP-35 is an amazing overclocker board too.

Strangely though, a magazine that stated it was an amazing overclocker in a previous issue, stated in the latest issue that it wasn't that good of an overclocker... Still, its done well for me.

Maybe theres something you aren't trying, but it should definietly get to 3.0ghz. If not, you've been very unlucky indeed.
Is yours the G0 edition or the older B3 edition?

Back
Top Bottom