Intel Celeron - Pentium and AMD equivalent?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have an Intel Celeron 2.4ghz processor (i know its pathetic lol)....and i was wondering what the AMD equivalent and the Pentium equivalent is....for example, a Pentium 3.2ghz is equivalent to an Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0 GHz)
Any help is much appreciated....

Thanks,

Matt

There is no same. They are better for certain things. Thats a rule of thumb, but really in essance means nothing.

What do you use the computer for. That will give me a better idea of what your looking for.

Well i do play games every so often, and basically i have this because i cant afford much more at the moment, was just wondering if i were to go and get a new machine what cpu would be similar to this ...

Thanks

Matt

Well for one, that CPU is utter crap. My dad has a 2.66 in his computer, and, man, I dont know, just something is horrable about it. Lol.

Well, cheap?

Wait, are you looking for a whole new setup, mobo, ram, cpu video card etc? Or just a CPU that will fit your current socket?

Just a CPU in general, not worried about other things yet, they can wait lol....so if i do decide to purchase one it can sit in a cupboard for a while lmao

Matt

Back
Top Bottom