intel celeron D

longworm

Baseband Member
how good is this celeron D i know its no pentium or ne thing but im not too sure just where it ranks like better than and worse then

im sure its one of the crappest in the amd range. see what others think but id say athlon all the way!

Depends. What do you want to use it for? If all you do is browse the web, listen to music, do school work, etc.. then the celeron D is perfectly fine. It wont let you down.

Now on the flipside... if you play games... it's absolutely pathetic.

dude1234 said:
im sure its one of the crappest in the amd range. see what others think but id say athlon all the way!
lol dude, he asked about a celeron d, not a sempron. (which the sempron is also a mighty fine CPU for workstation use.)

what do u mean in the amd range, it is an intel, this is a not so good computer i know that but meh... also how big is the fan on the heat sync for your processor jus mine looks huge, how do u check the temp and fan speeds btw too :D

why the hell did i say amd lol. i use intel celeron processors every day and i said amd lol. ahhhh :( anyway i still prefer amd over intel

Well, it depends. What is the socket you are looking into? 775 or 478?
Also, there are a couple programs I use for monitoring temperature.
Mother Board Monitor 5
Speed Fan

There was another good one out there.. but I can't remember the name of it...

dude1234 said:
why the hell did i say amd lol. i use intel celeron processors every day and i said amd lol. ahhhh :( anyway i still prefer amd over intel

Yeah, amd pwnz in price-performance ratios. ;)

like the socket and all that i have no clue i know its foxconn mother board and in whole the system is decent i guess i pretty well only play CS and sumtimes halflife (one) so nothing too major but i did just hook up a HD that my friend gave me so im looking thorugh its 10 gigs of glory ahh thx for the links

wel;l i tried the motherboard monitor and it didnt have foxconn and on the website for fox it has all intel stuff so i picked an intel mother board in the set up and it said my case temp was 127 celcious(spelling) so im lost

longworm, what are you looking to use the computer for (the computer that {might} use the celeron D)

its pretty well like normal stuff not really gaming at all, just like internet word processing music nothing too heavy, and while im asking more and more quesions can you reformat one drive alone like i have 2 in my system (c) and (d) so can i reformat just d?

Back
Top Bottom