Intel Celeron D

I agree Celerons are junk,
just throw in the extra bit of money and it will be worth it. AMD's over heat more easier then the rest

Kewl, good choice :)
Theres nothing wrong with a good Pentium, especially if you prefer to do lots of multitasking (which i do, and sometimes do have troubles with slowdown... I have an AMD by the way. Hopefully multi AMD cores will help this though)

Hope things work well!

Thats cool EasternDigital! (I keep wanting to put Western because of the make lol)

Are you thinking of getting a Pentium 4 EE edition (extreme edition) or the standard Pentium 4 core?

I think, no offense to you cage, that he is on a budget of some sorts if he is asking about a Celeron. Besides, the EE is only for 800MHz FSB 478 socket. His board is 533MHz, meaning no EE not HT for him, but still, the northwood pentiums are very good. Hang on, I might be wrong... Nope, I just double checked before posting this, No EE for 533 FSB level.

Kage... :p not Cage hehe

Yeah I understand that, I was just asking thats all. A Pentium 4 is still great and will run much better than the system at the moment

As for it not supporting EE, I'm sorry. I don't know much about Pentiums, and need to do more researching on FSB's and stuff again as i've got a bit rusty...

Back
Top Bottom