Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Intel boot Agent GE v1.2.42 Now Pc won't work.

I was modding my xbox's last night and everything was going fine. I've modded 360's many times before. Everything seemed to be going fine and I rebooted my computer and this thing "Intel Boot Agent GE v1.2.42" pops up and starts looking for media. Then it tries to connect to the internet. It makes no sense to me and the only things I have found on the internet relate to my mobo being dead. Is this true or is there a way to get my pc up and running without having to reinstall windows? I am completely in the dark here and would appreciate any and all help related to this manner.

Done some more research on just the intel boot agent part and figured it my hard drive is causing the error. I guess its going out and its time to get a new one. So no need for an answer now.

OGMCVilleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: Intel boot Agent GE v1.2.42 Now Pc won't work.

It COULD be hard drive error - If it's not being recognized then it might be deafulting to the Network Boot agent. Go into your BIOS, and look for "Boot Order". If network boot is above hard drive boot, then you might have found your problem. If it's not - then your hard drive is proberbly, as you said, dead.
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote