Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Intel Bandwagoners???

Before I start my question let me just say that i am both an AMD and Intel fan and love both companies because i think they both have great quality products. I have used products from Intel and AMD and i hold no bias to either company.

Okay so i was thinking the other day why so many people like intel more than AMD. Sure Intel has better CPUs and such at the moment but do you guys feel that most people who do purchase an intel product over an AMD product is simply because they hopped on the bandwagon by seeing one meager review stating that this intel chip was "brought from the gods"?

Macmaster4k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Intel Bandwagoners???

Honestly? I get intel chips because I don't have to pay full market price for them. I get their bang for the buck of a cheap AMD chip. If I had to pay full price, I'd look more closely at AMD.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
MMM
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Intel Bandwagoners???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmaster4k2 View Post
Before I start my question let me just say that i am both an AMD and Intel fan and love both companies because i think they both have great quality products. I have used products from Intel and AMD and i hold no bias to either company.

Okay so i was thinking the other day why so many people like intel more than AMD. Sure Intel has better CPUs and such at the moment but do you guys feel that most people who do purchase an intel product over an AMD product is simply because they hopped on the bandwagon by seeing one meager review stating that this intel chip was "brought from the gods"?
Intel IMO is the Rolls Royce of the CPU chips plus from my experience with computers for the last 20 years I have had less issues with Intel compared to AMD but of course the opposite could be said by other individuals.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote