Intel Atom 230 & i7-3970X

Atom and i7 use completely different cpu sockets. In addition, Atom processors are typically soldered in place so you wouldn't be able to swap it out anyway.

Depending on what machine this is, you may be able to swap to a motherboard that will support an i7. If this is anything but a tower based computer, the possibility of changing out the motherboard is doubtful.

Intel Atom 230 and 1013 MB RAM
Integrated Graphics
Case ATX Midi Tower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Running very slow, I think the i7-3970X should get some, at least a little bit better work.
Maybe there could be any way to speed up?

Last edited:
Listen mate I would save up and build a new system but then again it depends on what you are using it for ??

Listen mate I would save up and build a new system but then again it depends on what you are using it for ??
Rendering, film editing, database development releasing, photoshop, very very many programs at once, 1GB/s LAN 24/7 at full load, Scream, brocasting, 3ds Max, blender, AutoCAD, ALL games

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Tink run this tool box > http://www.computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/pc-cleanup-toolbox-219988.html

Don't do the Black Viper thing. It's for advanced users.
PC empty and turn off all the effects.

You positively cannot drop an i7 into an Atom board. Completely different interface and architecture.

How much money do you have to throw at an upgrade? Considering you're thinking about getting a $1000 CPU, it's safe for me to assume that you have that much money.

For about $1000, you could put together a rig that will handle everything you want to throw at it and have a nice upgrade path.

As OhSnapWord said your better of building a completely new desktop or buying a better laptop that will be capable of performing the tasks you want.

As OhSnapWord said your better of building a completely new desktop or buying a better laptop that will be capable of performing the tasks you want.
There is no a laptop with at least a six-core processor.
I do not like laptop.
They do not have the best price and the speed ratio.
Their small screens.

Back
Top Bottom