intel or amd

I'm a fan of Intel's products, and would not consider using an AMD product in one of my own machines. However, when it comes to general use, an AMD processor is not a bad product. Many enthusiasts over time develop a preference, based on experience. My experience is that Intel often has the better processor (in terms of speed, and reliability), and can be overclocked with greater stability than an AMD counterpart.

At the same token, I'm sure that there are professionals that prefer AMD, based on their experience. While I don't agree with their evaluation for my own sake, I'm willing to admit that AMD does provide a good product for some people.

I'll end this on a personal opinion of mine, which I'm hoping doesn't start an all out war. Intel processors are typically more expensive than the similar AMD product. That being said, I often gauge a product's success by it's price. Let's face it, the consumer controls the market, and controls what a product can be sold for. I feel that if AMD were to sell their products for the same price as Intel's counterpart, or more, there would be less AMD processors sold. I'm not going to say that AMD would go out of business, but I think that they have always been relevant because they are the slightly more affordable option.

Last edited:
but what I was confused about is that currently my oc is running at 3.89 ghz and the intel can run at 3.5 and 3.9 SC

You can't compare core clock when talking about 2 different architectures.
Take an old Core 2 quad at 3.2 ghz as en example. It's gonna perform WAY worse than a gen4 i5 at only 2ghz. It's about how the CPU is designed. Imagine that the core clock is the RPM in a car. The speed the car gets for a given RPM is up to the gearing. Then imagine that in order to add bigger gears the motor has to have more horsepower and torque.

And the debate rages on...
It's Intel for me. Doesn't get anywhere as hot and performs like I want it to. A little pricey but worth it. Well, to me that is.

I normally go AMD for budget reasons at my office because you can get very nice processors at 40-60 Euros but if I wanted performance I would go with Intel

Sent from my VOYAGER2 DG310 using Computer Forums mobile app

If you aren't strapped for cash then go the Intel route, If you want to save a few penny's and get a nice GPU or SSD then go the AMD route, That's all I'll say.

I decided to keep my amd and get a nice ntxz switch 810 case

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom