Integrated Surround

yup, i have 5.1 set up and all speakers are into 3 jacks. you dont need 6 jacks for 6 speakers.

think of a 2.1 system. you can have 3 speakers, all into one jack!

Really? Coool! But, um, where do I buy an additional 4 speakers? I don't want to buy all new speakers. My front and sub are altec lansing *(Good brand). Do I have to buy ALL new speakers?? :rolleyes:

Yes, and if you refer to your mobo specs, you may find that when you implement the 5.1 or 6.1 sound option there will be a conversion of the audio in and audio out and mike in jacks. These jacks will now be
audio in = front (L/R)
audio out = back (L/R)
mike in = Center (L/R) or Center Bass
Some mobos require a jumper change to accompany this or some uses a plug conversion for center bass option. That is why you should always check the specs.

lurkswithin said:
Yes, and if you refer to your mobo specs, you may find that when you implement the 5.1 or 6.1 sound option there will be a conversion of the audio in and audio out and mike in jacks. These jacks will now be
audio in = front (L/R)
audio out = back (L/R)
mike in = Center (L/R) or Center Bass
Some mobos require a jumper change to accompany this or some uses a plug conversion for center bass option. That is why you should always check the specs.
Sucks. Oh well. PC STOP, ONWARD!

3 jacks you said.Do you mean in total or 3 for speakers ?
I have 5.1 in 3 speaker jacks.These come from the subwoofer.
The speakers connect to the subwoofer.
front,left and center.
Do you also have line in,mic and digital.

Back
Top Bottom