integrated graphics help?

pugtm

Beta member
I am basically running a "fast" computer, 4 gb of ram on vista 64 bit os, but i have a nvidia geforce 7100 integrated graphics card.
now i know integrated graphics cards steal memory from ram but i have 4 gigs more than enough to run most older games, but not some of the newer ones. Is there some way i can tell my card to use say 256 mb or even more instead of the 128 it uses now from ram since i have enough of it? or is there anything i can do at all to make it run better?

You can't tell it to use less. You can upgrade to a mid-range card. You'll be able to run most of the newer games at decent settings.

There's a setting in the BIOS to allocate system memory to the onboard graphics. It's probably located in the advanced section of the BIOS.

yeah again rooster is right. If you go into the bios. its exactly the way he said. From i think 32 or maybe it was 64mb all the way to 512 i think. it may of been 256mb thats what im at now...until the new card comes

There's a setting in the BIOS to allocate system memory to the onboard graphics. It's probably located in the advanced section of the BIOS.

Can you tell it to use less? I didn't think he would have the option since it seems like he has a pre built.

Can you tell it to use less? I didn't think he would have the option since it seems like he has a pre built.

ya read what i said below

yeah again rooster is right. If you go into the bios. its exactly the way he said. From i think 32 or maybe it was 64mb all the way to 512 i think. it may of been 256mb thats what im at now...until the new card comes

yeah the only reason why i know this is because i tried to add a new HDD didnt know what the hell i was doing and stumbled across this setting. sad part is i still cant get the HDD to work Its western digital :(

thank you.
and this would make it an equivalent to a card that was not integrated?

i went into the bios and found the setting but for some reason it was grayed out. any reason for this and how do i get around it?

Not close. The core speed would be at like 400MHz compared to minimum 540MHz from a non-integre (not intigrated) Card.

Back
Top Bottom