Installing a VGA heatsink fan....?

v0lten

Baseband Member
Just wondering, I was looking at the Zalman VGA cooler and I cant see how it would attach to my 8800GTS... The only way possible that makes sense is I would have to remove the stock heatsink on the 8800GTS. Is this how it is done? If so, how easy is it to remove the stock HSF on my card?

Yes. You take off the stock fan (just undo some screws on the bottom of the card) and put on the new one.

Ok, are there any VGA coolers available for the 8800GTS, because Im on newegg and none of the VGA fans say they will fit it, probably because its a new model.

And, what is a really good one for less than $40...? Is it better for a fan to go the whole chip length and have an exhaust out the back, or is the Zalman 2ball ok?

Ok, cool, Im glad I didnt buy a VGA cooler and have it not fit :D

I just bought some of the Artic Silver 5, is there enough compound in that tube for my CPU (Just ordered a Zalman CPU HSF), and for my stock 8800GTS HSF?

v0lten said:
Ok, cool, Im glad I didnt buy a VGA cooler and have it not fit :D

I just bought some of the Artic Silver 5, is there enough compound in that tube for my CPU (Just ordered a Zalman CPU HSF), and for my stock 8800GTS HSF?
Yeah, the standard little thing for $6 has plenty in it!
newegg said:
This 3.5-gram tube contains enough compound to cover at least 15 to 25 small CPU cores, or 6 to 10 large CPU cores, or 2 to 5 heat plates.

Yes there will be more than enough, you only need about the size of a dry grain of rice on there

The tubes can do about 6 large cpus i think it said, which is good cos ive just bought one, and id also like to try and get a custom fan for my gfx (easier said than done)

Anubis1980 said:
The tubes can do about 6 large cpus i think it said, which is good cos ive just bought one, and id also like to try and get a custom fan for my gfx (easier said than done)
Read, from the newegg site:
This 3.5-gram tube contains enough compound to cover at least 15 to 25 small CPU cores, or 6 to 10 large CPU cores, or 2 to 5 heat plates.

Back
Top Bottom